Jean-Pierre Bellecave is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), Global Justice Network (GJN), PanEuropean Organization of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL) and Institut du Dommage Corporel in Bordeaux (IDC), in which he takes an active part:
– Global Justice Forum, May 2006 Paris
– Global Justice Forum, May 2007, Rome
– Almuerzos Debate de la Amistad Hispano-francesa, November 2008, Madrid
– Peopil RTA Seminar (Road trafic accident), September 2011, Paris
– Apil Annual Conference, May 2014, Newport (speaker)
– Peopil Annual Conference, September 2015, Edinburg
– Peopil Product Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort EEG, November 2015, Malaga
– GJN, May 2016, Madrid
– Institut pour le droit européen de la circulation, October 2016, Warsaw (speaker)
– GJN, September 2017, London
– Peopil Annual Conference, September 2017, London
Practicing lawyer registered in 1981 at the Bordeaux Bar Association, and registered in the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid (Madrid Bar Association), since 1984 Jean-Pierre Bellecave has been working both in generalist activities and international legal proceedings, namely in the fields of International Civil Liability and contact law
Jean-Pierre has frequently assisted and represented victims in aviation legal proceedings. This type of cases allowed him to get a leading role in legal proceedings in favour of victims of air transportation. In this field he often takes part and coordinates legal proceedings either in France or / and abroad (namely in United States of America, Egypt, Agleria, Union of the Comoros, Bahrain, Spain).
Thanks to his 35-year practicing lawyer experience, he is regularly in charge of building and maintaining the relationship with international plane crash victim associations, mainly to negotiate with a variety of insurance companies.
Jean-Pierre Bellecave has been involved in the most important cases in Europe, creating jurisprudence of jurisdictional competence and governing law in international courts, mostly in the cases of air plane accidents.
He speaks Basque, French, Spanish English.